Holistic Nutrition Services
November 20, 2018
Butternut squash is loaded with Vitamin A and E and is a good source of fiber and potassium. Roasting the squash sweetens the flavor of this healthy dish.
10 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
1 TBSP+ extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Puy lentils, rinsed
1/2 cup organic arugula
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
6 spring onions, sliced
5 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP liquid aminos
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 teaspoon honey
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put the squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 TBSP of olive oil (a bit more may be needed to drizzle all the pieces) and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast the squash for 20 minutes or until tender, shaking the tray a couple of times during cooking to keep it from sticking.
4. While the squash is cooking, simmer the lentils for about 15 minutes or until al dente, then drain.
5. Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
6. Put the arugula in a shallow serving bowl. Arrange the lentils and squash on top.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad and top with the sesame seeds and spring onions.
Puy lentils are slate-green lentils grown in the Le Puy region of France. Considered the best lentils, they have a unique peppery flavor and they hold their shape during cooking.
1 red chili, seeded and chopped, can be added to the dressing for more flavor.
Top the salad with goat cheese if desired.
Any dark green leafy lettuce can be substituted for the arugula.
Try this yummy soup to warm you up!
March 14, 2019
March 2019 (1)
December 2018 (1)
November 2018 (1)
August 2018 (1)
February 2018 (1)
December 2017 (1)
November 2017 (1)
July 2017 (1)
March 2017 (1)
January 2017 (1)
December 2016 (3)
November 2016 (1)
October 2016 (1)
September 2016 (1)
August 2016 (2)
June 2016 (3)
May 2016 (1)
April 2016 (3)